Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tater Salad

Today, I had the bright idea to try making potato salad with Tater Tots. Tater Salad. The main reason for this brainstorm was simply that I think it’s funny to say Tater Salad. I didn’t have Tater Tots on hand. I had to make a special trip to the grocery store to buy them. All so I could say Tater Salad.
Ingredients:
1 28-oz bag of Tater Tots, baked according to package directions, then cooled on paper towels

6 hardboiled eggs, chopped

2 stalks celery, chopped

½ of a large onion, chopped

1 C. mayonnaise

1 T. prepared mustard

½ t celery seed

1 10-oz can of Bacardi frozen strawberry daiquiri concentrate, mixed with 1 can of water (optional)

Coconut rum (optional)

Crushed ice (optional)

Fill a glass with crushed ice. Add the amount of coconut rum you want and top off with strawberry daiquiri mix. If you’re feeling more energetic than I was, you could put all of that in a blender and do it right. But it tastes pretty good with crushed ice from the refrigerator door.

With drink in hand, you’re ready to start on the Tater Salad.

Put the cool, baked Tater Tots in a bowl and set aside. Put the other ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the Tater Tot mixture and mix gently. Refrigerate.

The Tater Salad turned out to be more fun to say than to eat. It was okay, but it wasn’t better than regular potato salad. You can use this recipe for Potato Salad, too, though. Just replace the Tater Tots with six large baking potatoes. Peel, chunk, and boil the potatoes. Cool, and then continue with the recipe as above.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 22, 2010

    I am amazed at how your mind works. Tater Tots never enter mine much less demand their own salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but what about the strawberry daiquiri?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tasted the Tater Salad again today, and I think the daiquiri made it edible. I couldn't eat it today. The man said he thought it was okay, but what does he know? LOL I'll have to create a new category for this blog called "Don't try this at home."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me worried there for a minute! But your a woman after my own heart. Some days, especially when they been rough, I can't cook without glass in hand.

    ReplyDelete