Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Honey-Wasabi Glazed Salmon or Honey-Mustard Glazed Salmon

My latest book, BAREFOOT SEASON, was released this week. BAREFOOT SEASON is set on Blackberry Island, Washington. As on all islands I’ve ever visited, seafood is a staple on Blackberry Island. I live in Seattle, so seafood is pretty big in my world, too.

One of the things I love about seafood is how fast it cooks. This honey-wasabi glazed salmon is a terrific weeknight meal for busy people. If you can’t find prepared wasabi sauce, or it’s too spicy for you, you can substitute your favorite mustard. From start to finish, it takes about half an hour to get dinner on the table. Tastes great with a light, summery white wine.

Be sure to visit www.blackberryisland.com to read Chapter 1 of BAREFOOT SEASON and to get some fabulous blackberry recipes! If you love salmon as much as I do, try the Blackberry Chipotle Sauce as a glaze for salmon. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m thinking it will be incredible. It’s next on my list!

Recipe: Honey-Wasabi Glazed Salmon or Honey-Mustard Glazed Salmon

½ C honey
2 T prepared Wasabi sauce or spicy mustard
2T soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
½ t fresh ginger, minced
4 salmon fillets, ½ pound each

Preheat the oven to 375. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Warm the honey in the microwave for 10 second increments until it’s runny enough to stir in the other ingredients.

Place the salmon skin-side down on the aluminum foil. Spoon the glaze over the salmon pieces. Bake about 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with glaze every five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment