Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Marinated Pork Chops

You can download the printable version of this recipe at www.susanmallery.com/recipes.php - lots of other delicious recipes, as well!

To celebrate the release of my latest book, ALREADY HOME, I held a contest for the best original recipe to win a man’s heart. Hundreds of recipes came pouring in, and I was astounded by the cleverness and creativity of home cooks. I chose three finalists, bought ingredients, and made those recipes. (The winner was Pan-Seared Shrimp Tacos with Mango-Strawberry Pico de Gallo, and you can find the recipe at www.susanmallery.com/recipes.php.)

One of the finaling recipes was for Naughty Brownies. They were incredible. Rich, chocolatey deliciousness with a subtle hit of “wow” spiciness.

That “wow” came from Sriracha sauce, which I found in the Asian section of the local grocery store. The brownies called for just a small amount of it, so after the contest was over, I was left with a big bottle of super spicy Asian red sauce.

What to do, what to do…

Pork marinade sprang to mind. I threw together a few ingredients, marinated some pork, and cooked it last night on our indoor grill. Wow. These pork chops were delicious! I hope you love them as much as we did.

Recipe: Sweet and Spicy Marinated Pork Chops

2 thick pork chops
½ C soy sauce
1 C water
2T Sriracha hot sauce
2T raspberry jam
4 cloves garlic, minced

Combine the marinade ingredients and marinate the pork for at least two hours. Cook the pork chops as desired (grilled, pan-fried).



I think this marinade would taste really good with chicken or shrimp, too (though you wouldn’t want to marinade the shrimp as long as you do the pork.)

No comments:

Post a Comment