Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Honey Orange Pork Chops

Print this recipe for free from www.susanmallery.com/recipes.php!

I’m drawn to shiny things – sparkly jewelry, glistening frosting on a chocolate éclair, and the latest, greatest gadgets. That’s why I created the free Susan Mallery app for the iPhone and Android, and that’s why I bought this doohickey when I saw it at Tuesday Morning. A turkey baster with a silicone brush… who could resist such a thing?

Then I faced a dilemma – I had a pretty new basting brush but nothing to baste. That would never do. We were planning on having pork chops on the grill at a friend’s house that evening. (My condo’s HOA frowns on open fire on our balcony.)

I whipped out my phone, did a search for “pork baste,” and used the recipes I found to come up with a recipe all my own. I have to tell you, in all modesty, that this tastes amazing!

If you like to create recipes, too, don’t forget that I’m holding an original recipe contest! Some lucky home cook is going to win $300 to Williams-Sonoma, one of the most fabulous cooking stores on the planet! You can find details about the contest at www.susanmallery.com/ah_main.html.

Recipe: Honey-Orange Pork Chops

Basting sauce:
1 C water
¼ C honey
¼ C mild vinegar – I used rice vinegar
1 T salt
1T Worcestershire sauce
1 t black pepper
1 t orange zest
½ t red pepper flakes

4 thick pork chops
1 whole orange, cut into 4 thick slices

Preheat the grill on high. Put the pork chops on the grill and baste the exposed side every couple of minutes for 8-10 minutes.



Flip the chops over, baste, then put one thick orange slice on each chop. Continue basting frequently while the chops cook.



When the chops reach 150 degrees internal temperature, remove them from the grill and allow them to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Seriously fabulous.

1 comment: