Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Steamed Vegetable Toss

Download the printable version of this recipe for free at www.susanmallery.com/recipes.php.

If you’re like me, you’ve overdosed on sweets over the holidays. Christmas candy and cookies… I love chocolate so much that I’ve written books based in bakeries and candy companies just so I could do the research, but even I have had enough. (I can’t believe I’m saying that!)

Last night, I created a super easy, delicious, and beautiful vegetable side dish. Seriously, recipes don’t get an easier than this.

Recipe: Steamed Vegetable Toss


1 C whole, peeled baby carrots
1 head of cauliflower florets
1 zucchini, cut into one-inch half-rounds
1 yellow squash, cut into one-inch half-rounds
1 red bell pepper, cut into one-inch chunks
1 t season salt or garlic salt
¼ t dried thyme leaves
1/8 t black pepper
1/8 t celery seed

Steam the baby carrots for 10 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and steam for 10 minutes more. Remove to a bowl. Add spices and toss.

Aren’t they pretty?

2 comments:

  1. YUM! This looks delicious Susan!
    Hmmm, let's see, serve it as a side dish with some grilled chicken and, ta da, tomorrow night's dinner. :-)

    Do you think the flavor would change too much if I switch the cauliflower for broccoli? The family's not a big fan of cauliflower.

    Another of your creations I'm looking forward to trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think broccoli would work great, Sharon. It would be a lot greener, but that's not a bad thing! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete